This two day mental health first aid course gives you:
- An in-depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing
- And qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
The course is usually priced at £300 but we can offer discounts to those on low incomes. Please get in touch if this applies to you.
This is a two day face to face course across four manageable sessions. Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. Each session is built around a Youth Mental Health First Aid action plan. We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
On completion of the course, you will receive:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Youth Mental Health First Aider
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health