Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
These courses explain the key concepts and importance of diversity & inclusion with a strong focus on racism and cover:
- How does my view of the world shape my opinions on others
- What is unconscious bias, do I have it and what can I do about it.
- Listening skills, appropriate language and how to have conversations about race.
- Ways to become an ally to, and actively support the rights of underrepresented groups to bring about positive change.
- How to respond to racist remarks.
Learning takes place through a mix of instructor led training, group discussions, individual and group activities.
Substance Misuse Awareness
This half day course raises awareness of substance misuse and how it affects mental health. It covers:
- Provides you with an opportunity to explore the connections between poor mental health and substance misuse.
- Skills to work more effectively with people living with substance misuse issues.
- Ways to support people with substance abuse and mental health issues and relate to their experiences.
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.