Become Youth Mental Health Aware
This half day course raises awareness of young people’s mental health and covers:
- Some of the common mental health issues affecting young people, including depression, anxiety, eating disorders and psychosis
- Skills to work more effectively with young people living with mental health issues
- Ways to support young people with a mental health issue and relate to their experiences
The course is usually priced at £125 but we can offer discounts to those on low incomes. Please get in touch if this applies to you.
This is a half day course and can be delivered either in person or online. Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. We limit numbers to 25 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
On completion of the course, you will receive:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Youth Mental Health Aware
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- Language and mental health issues
- What is mental health?
- Mental health conditions:
- Anxiety disorders
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Alcohol, illegal drugs and mental health
- Supporting young people in distress
- Mental and emotional wellbeing